16 October 2011

TAKE AWAY STYLE

Clock watching something I excel at come almost lunch time at work.Eyes fixated on the clock stalking the big hand as it Very.Slowly.Ticks away and around every second going just that tiny bit slower than the last,'tut.Has the clock just froze?Come on already budge,move just please do something,ah time stop being stubborn.'
Okay ten minutes to pass,keep busy must keep busy or else time will draaaaaag out,hmm what to do with myself..?I'll divert my attention to,to..to the bloody clock again...urgh nope no good them minutes aren't passing by as quick as I'd like right now.If them minutes are even passing at all?I may just grab a ladder,climb up and give that frigging smug clock a good shake,perhaps that will encourage the big hand to finally hit the old 12 o'clock.May receive some funny looks though,so best not.
Yikes did you see that?It moved the big hand actually moved,them tick tocks are getting louder and it's like music to my ears.Tick tock tick tock tick...1pm laters I'm outta here folks!
Run upstairs,two steps at a time invade locker grab jacket,bag,purse and ready-set-go!Tis lunch time and I am starrrving.For a sale.My feet pound the pavement,one problem.I'm not the only one on a lunch break,and other busy working ants keep getting in my way,move it.This girl is on a mission.And if you don't step to one side,out of my way things will get ugly.Come on,come on keep a moving peoples stop blocking my route.Route being Newlook by-the-by just don't tell Peacocks I'm having an dirty little affair with out retail enemy/competition on the sly at lunch time.
You may call it infidelity,I prefer to think of myself as a hero of the highstreet? We all have targets/budgets to meet which is tough during these cash strapped times
and I'm doing my very best to keep those tills ringing for all!Besides I'm smitten with several floaty pieces at Newlook,pieces my purse wouldn't allow me to stretch to during those bygone summer months.I don't find the idea of abusing store cards much appealing(such evil store card is currently both dominating and destroying my
fashion addict friends life,ever partial to shoes and now paying more than triple the original price for a pair of suede platform booties dating far back as July.
Pro tip* wait my wise ones,sales are never too far away your time will come.Store cards are not your new best friend,she will stab you in the back and possibly erase your bank account too)signing up to a store card is, essentially signing up for a debt death sentence!Anyhoo's I see it,I see it!Ekk the big bright red sale banner splashed across the stores window,swoon heart is beating faster,the suspense is killing me.Here I am,I've arrived and only for a split second do I consider turning around and out using my cash for it's original purpose-lunch,'umm sandwich or sales..?'the scale in my head is tilting towards the sales,my mild hunger pains shall not over ride this decision,meh I'll grab a smoothie on my sprint back to work.
Time is running away whilst I speed through the rails desperate to find a bird print silk blouse I kept crushing on back in August.I discard all other temptations that stick out from the bulging sale rails poking me in the arm almost gaining my attention testing my willpower but failing as I remain focused on the task at hand...snagging that bird blouse which surely must be hiding somewhere within all these reductions.Come out,come out where ever you are?Well what do you know I spot one on the rejection rail by the fitting rooms,anticipation is crippling,'If there's a God or any good in this world,birdie top will be my size.' Squinting one eye half closed I gingerly flip reverse the swing ticket and choose to ignore the size 10 hanger.Pretty please be on the incorrect clothes hanger...I can't look.I have to look,'keep your shit together,and whatever you do do-not-cry if the tag reveals the ugly truth and no cursing size 10 women either.In short don't make a scene'
Result it's a size 12,it's mine all mine ha-ha-ha (insert cartoon villain evil laugh)
bird in the bag and hunger pains interrupting and spoiling my moment of glory I dash back to work slurping down an extra thick fruit smoothie and swallowing a whole kitkat chunky.Guilt from my love affair with our competition (Peacocks vs Newlook) kicks in,I feel compelled to purchase something just as a form of apology we kiss and make up via one stunning cream crochet lace chiffon frock (see below)






images prettyneons

Sale items...
Silk bird top,Newlook,£5.00
Dress,Peacocks,£15.00 plus staff discount i.e bargain indeed.

No comments: