22 February 2011

Hippo Who?

Whilst I was out of action and generally mourning the blogshere due to major technical issues (i.e my pc died a sudden death)I continued to blog in my scrap book needless to say I have one epic long backlog of posts to publish.Many seem invalid and way past their sell by date (fashion just keeps on revolving with such light speed momentum that s/s 11 trends are already stale leaving an awful bad after taste: bring on those fresh and minty s/s 12 key trends already...ridi-culoooous eh?).Despite this, I thought I'd share with you my hippo dress obsession which to be honest I've only just snapped out of...

Let me to take you back to a few months ago when I was style stalking my two fave fashion forward girls (Paloma Faith and Marina of course, who else sticks their middle finger up towards fickle fashion trends like these two?I love 'em and their colourful clashing clobber!)when I noticed a recurring theme Marina's super fun, super loud ,super over sized pop-art T-shirt dresses.One particular dress that I became utterly determined to hunt down and steal featured a big fat cartoon hippo face.Yep this was enough to have me following hundreds of tangled, turning links via numerous image search engines. For days my investigating came to no avail each and every time.Broken links, bits of articles and lots of incorrect information was all I kept stumbling across.Seemed the designer behind Marina's hippo dress would forever remain an unsolved mystery?Then I struck gold and discovered the woman behind the hippo (err so to speak)is print designer Yang Du who's s/s 10 collection consist of many a happy cartoon animal character inspired by a trip to the toy museum...oh Yang Du I sure do love you!









2 comments:

daisychain said...

<3 pure amazing, you have the best taste x

prettyneons said...

haha you are the first ever to say that thanks hun :) x