07 February 2012

AWWDORABLE KNITS

The weather is urgh,those early dark evenings still intruding,cold sores are becoming irritating and those stubborn winter blues just won't budge.Despite spring being almost in the air (almost,as in premature spring pastels have sprung up in many fashion stores.I find the eager display of pastels a comforting reminder:winter is only temporary and spring,well,she'll be here soon).
It seems peoples bad moods are almost becoming contagious too,this morning I absorbed happy tunes via my head phones,up beat beats courtesy of The Drums,'oh mama I wanna go surfing,oh mama I don't care about nothing' a-la-lalalaa.No I don't own a surfboard nor can I ride a wave,nevertheless it transported me to a California Summer.My imagination opted for a California style Summer,because that way it won't be interrupted by any British down pour of rain.Until some Lewis Hamilton petrol head wannabe.Found it a hoot to hit a huge puddle putting me in an immediate pissy mood.Day dreaming disturbed and my California summer totally ruined.*Huff*
After much cursing and censored language,and though soaked I shrug earlier events off and try again.
'ala-la Oohh mama I wanna go surfing,Oh mama I don't care about nothing',I arrive at work,stick my soaking wet hair under the hand dryer along with my wet,soggy shoes and pop my best customer service smile on.Ten minutes into trading and some try hard TOWIE type (body con dress,hair extensions,spider leg eye lashes,ignorant and gobby...the ultimate accessory.Tick,tick,tick),takes the bad weather out on me (because during my down time I actually dabble with weather systems.Don't you know?).
Kicking off at the till point,seems hair extensions aren't water proof.
Stunned silence
...She demands a refund.
One word.Starts with H.
HYGIENE!
I refuse the refund,and suck up the bombardment of ugly obscene insults.The robotic shop girl makes her apologies.Smiling until the end taking it all in her perfect,polished stride.Me?The non-robotic but very human me,wants to defend myself hit back with something sarcastic and yank her hair extensions out.Yep.Other's bad moods have just become very much contagious.If you've caught someone Else's winter blues (or just have some of your own you want to shake off),invest in one of these cutey-pie snug sweaters,for an instant and warm happy fix!


JOYTHESTORE

TOPSHOP

ASOS

NEWLOOK

ASOS

NEXT

TOPSHOP

No comments: